The Ethics and Public Policy Center’s internship program is designed to allow undergraduate and graduate students to gain experience in a non-profit, academic research setting. Current opportunities are posted below.
20th Century Catholic Thought Intern
Part-Time | Remote | Unpaid
The 20th Century Catholic Thought Intern will assist EPPC Fellow Dr. Jennifer Bryson with research related to Catholic author Ida Friederike Görres (1901–1971) and her works and with creating and editing Wikipedia pages related Fall 2022 topics will include St. Thérèse of Lisieux, St. Elizabeth of Hungary and the meaning of sanctity, Görres’s opposition to female ordination to the priesthood, and more.
- Hours: Flexible; preferably 4–7 hours per week
- Required Skills:
- Experience editing Wikipedia pages (or at least a fierce determination to learn)
- Interest in Catholic thought
- Helpful Skills:
- Curiosity to learn about Ida Friederike Görres and her work
- Attention to details (such as citations for research)
- Active communicator (willing to ask questions, provide updates, share suggestions)
- To Apply:
- Explore idagoerres.org to see if you are interested in Ida Friederike Görres.
- If yes, please send an email to JenniferSBryson@gmail.com with:
- Your resume
- A short note explaining why you would like to do this internship
- A short description of your level of Wikipedia editing skills—or if you are not experienced in editing Wikipedia pages, an explaination of why you are motivated to learn and steps you would take to develop your skills
- Dates you are available