Published November 17, 2005
The latest issue of The New Atlantis includes major essays on the future of modern medicine, the moral education of our doctors, buggy software and missle defense, our perception of reality in the age of Photoshop, Einstein’s Annus Mirabilis, and much more.
Subscribe now to get your copy in the mail!
- Conservatives, Liberals, and Medical Progress
Daniel Callahan on politics, death, and the future of modern medicine
- The Moral Education of Doctors
Philip Overby on shaping the souls of aspiring physicians
- The Image Culture
Christine Rosen on Photoshop, PowerPoint, and our perception of reality
- Buggy Software and Missile Defense
Mark Halpern on writing code and protecting the country
- Love in the Age of Neuroscience
Mickey Craig and Jon Fennell on Tom Wolfe’s I Am Charlotte Simmons
- Francis Bacon’s God
Stephen A. McKnight reconsiders the religious foundations of the “New Atlantis”
- The Aging Self
A selection from Taking Care, a report by the President’s Council on Bioethics
State of the Art:
- The Lessons of Hurricane Katrina
- Back to the Moon by 2018 — Or Sooner?
- Are Republicans Conducting a “War on Science”?
- Remembering the Founder of the Hospice Movement
- Hollywood’s Fertile Imagination
- Chief Justice at the Bedside
Looking Ahead, Looking Back: