Publication Date: July 7, 2020
- George Weigel discusses The Next Pope on EWTN’s “The World Over” with Raymond Arroyo:
- George Weigel discusses The Next Pope with Kathryn Jean Lopez in an event sponsored by the Sheen Center:
- George Weigel on Catholic Answers Live:
- George Weigel discusses The Next Pope on a Facebook Live event hosted by Ignatius Press:
- George Weigel on “Rome Reports”:
- George Weigel on “The Hugh Hewitt Show” on the Salem Radio Network:
- George Weigel on The Catholic Association’s “Conversations with Consequences”:
- George Weigel Discusses The Next Pope in an online event hosted by the Catholic Information Center:
- George Weigel on TVO (Ontario)’s “The Agenda with Steve Paikin”, December 16, 2020:
- George Weigel on “Bill Martinez Live” on the SDG Radio Network (interview begins at approximately 32:25)
- George Weigel on the First Things podcast with contributing editor Mark Bauerlein
- George Weigel on “Kresta in the Afternoon” on EWTN Radio (interview begins at approximately 4:36)
- George Weigel on “Catholic Connection” on EWTN Radio (interview begins at approximately 17:15)
- George Weigel on Relevant Radio’s “A Closer Look” with host Sheila Liaugminas (more info here)
- George Weigel on “Morning Blend” on Mater Dei Radio
- Review of The Next Pope at Aleteia
- George Weigel Q-and-A with Carl E. Olson of The Catholic World Report
- George Weigel on “The Drew Mariani Show” on Relevant Radio
- George Weigel interview with German Newspaper Die Tagespost
- The Next Pope is an evangelical call to ressourcement (review in The Catholic World Report)
- George Weigel discusses The Next Pope on “Kresta in the Afternoon”
About the Book
In his new book The Next Pope: The Office of Peter and a Church in Mission, EPPC Distinguished Senior Fellow George Weigel explains that, although the eventual successor to Pope Francis will face uncharted territory, the Catholic Church’s experiences during the pontificates of Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis suggest a clear path toward a vibrant Catholic future.
As someone who has been in conversation with every pope of the last four decades, and who has worked with Catholics from every continent, George Weigel offers a unique perspective on the future of the world’s largest Christian community and the challenges its leadership must confront and meet in The Next Pope.
Drawing lessons from the pontificates of Pope Francis and his two immediate predecessors, The Next Pope offers an action agenda for the man who will sit in the Chair of Peter and for the Church he will lead deeper into the twenty-first century: an agenda of fidelity to the Holy Spirit’s call to renewed evangelical witness, intensified missionary fervor, and Christ-centered Church reform.
George Weigel is a New York Times bestselling author of two dozen books, including the two volumes of his internationally acclaimed biography of Pope St. John Paul II, Witness to Hope and The End and the Beginning, and his memoir, Lessons in Hope: My Unexpected Life with St. John Paul II.