Published November 17, 2003
The latest issue of The New Atlantis includes major new articles on America’s space program, digital politics, and what the SARS outbreak can teach us about the World Health Organization.
Subscribe now to get your copy in the mail!
- A New Vision for NASA
Adam Keiper on the trouble with NASA and the moral case for space exploration
- Bioethics in Wartime
Eric Cohen on biology and the good life — in peace and in war
- A Conversation with Nature
Steve Talbott on understanding our relationship with the natural world
- From Biology to Biography
William Hurlbut on evolution and the ascent of the human person
- Why Not Artificial Wombs?
Christine Rosen on the meaning of being born, not incubated
- Does Digital Politics Still Matter?
Robert Atkinson and Shane Ham on the battles over information technology
- The Politics of the WHO
Steven Menashi on the follies of the World Health Organization
State of the Art:
- The Next Birth Control Revolution
- Cyber-Spying on Spouses
- The Pathology of Conservatism
- Edward Teller’s Courage
- The Science Journal Crisis
- Amazon and Google Take a Look at Books
- Britain Constructs a Universal Genetic Database
- Two Rappers Debate Music Piracy
- The Fight Over Cloned Food, and much more…
Looking Ahead, Looking Back: