EPPC’s Visiting Fellow Program
Founded in 1976, the Ethics and Public Policy Center is Washington, D.C.’s premier institute dedicated to applying the wisdom of the Judeo-Christian moral tradition to critical issues of public policy. From the Cold War to the war on terrorism, from disputes over the role of religion in public life to battles over the nature of the family, EPPC and its scholars have consistently defended and promoted our nation’s founding principles—respect for the inherent dignity of the human person, individual freedom and responsibility, justice, the rule of law, and limited government.
We invite outstanding scholars and thinkers who are interested in participating in our work to apply for an appointment as an EPPC Visiting Fellow for a term of two years. The two-year term of an EPPC Visiting Fellow can start at any point in the calendar year. Each EPPC Visiting Fellow will receive a salary, benefits, and (if in the D.C. area) office space with us.
We will introduce EPPC Visiting Fellows to policymakers, journalists, and think-tank scholars in their fields of interest, and we will provide professional guidance and training.
Ideal candidates may have a variety of professional backgrounds, including work in federal, state, or local government, policy analysis, education, or journalism. A graduate degree in a relevant field will be considered favorably but is not necessary.
We hope to be able to invite each EPPC Visiting Fellow to join our corps of resident scholars at the end of the two-year term.
How to apply
A complete application must include the following:
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- A statement, not to exceed 1000 words, of the work you propose to do as an EPPC Visiting Fellow
- Two samples of your written work
- A statement of how you are familiar with EPPC
- A list of three books that have had a significant impact on you
- A list of three individuals currently active in public life whom you admire
- A list of three critical challenges facing the United States today
- Contact information for two references
Please email your complete application to VisitingFellowship@EPPC.org. Inquiries should be sent to that same address. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning on December 1, 2019.